Fire Risk Management Course
Fire Risk Management Training Courses in Northern Ireland
On December 1 1999 the Fire Precautions (Workplace) (Amendment) Regulations 1999 came into force in the UK (and will soon be in place in Northern Ireland). These new regulations have materially changed the focus of responsibility already in existence and aim at ensuring fire safety in buildings. Owners/Managers are now obliged to carry out and record regular Fire Risk Assessment Inspections. It will be a requirement that suitably competent and qualified individuals undertake the inspections and write Plans of Action. This Fire Risk Management course provides the necessary knowledge.
Who should attend?
Owners of premises, senior management, personnel managers, safety and security officers.
On completion of this programme participants will be able to:
• List their legal responsibilities under current legislation
• Describe the physics and chemistry of fire and how it spreads
• Identify fire hazards and understand how these are controlled
• Complete a fire risk assessment
• Set up, monitor and evaluate a fire safety programme
• List their fire responsibilities
• Fire Safety Legislation
• Management responsibilities
• Fire safety programme
• Theory of fire
• Hazards and their control
• Fire Risk Assessment.
• Fire protection installations
• Fire and evacuation plans
• Inspection and maintenance programme
• Keeping records / Fire Log Book